Tuesday, June 26, 2007

iPhone

Well, with all the hype about the iPhone, I know I will want one when it becomes easily available even though I am not willing to switch my mobile network from T-Mobile to the "new AT&T", I hope the iPhone will still function as an expensive glorified iPod without the network service for the phone. A few years back I would have embraced the iPhone without any hesitation. However based on past experiences with multi-functional gadgets, I have realised that any multi-functional gadget though very high in geek value does little to enhance the value of the individual functions. A camera phone though useful in a few cases (like talking photos of your vehicle after an accident for insurance purposes etc) does not take as good a picture as you would like during your vacation to some exotic locale like Hawaii (and no I have personally never been there yet, hopefully soon) The iPhone according to a lot of reviews I have read about the product has the following shortfalls: too big of a screen area to get smudged with fingerprints and the oil from my face while using the phone. Very little storage space for holding all the photos, movies, and music collected over the years.

No comments: