Thursday, September 6, 2007

iPod touch

yippee!!! The new wave of iPods has been announced and the iPod that a lot of people have been waiting for the past couple of years is finally here. The iPod touch, an iPhone without the phone. It has everything that I was expecting from the latest version of iPod except the storage space. 8GB and 16GB is too tiny a space to store anything other than a couple hundred songs or a couple of movies for a short trip.

I will probably need to buy both the 8GB iPod touch for the new touch features and the 160GB classic for the space.

One of my grievances with Apple has been addressed a day after they reduced the price of the iPhone and decided to reimburse all the old iPhone customer who bought theirs at the higher price with a $100 in-store coupon.

My second grievance has been the non-update of the new interface for every succeeding iPod for the earlier versions that can support the features via software updates. I never expected my 60GB iPod Photo to be capable of displaying Videos (though I still believe that it would have been possible without any hardware updates) but I still was expecting the next update to introduce the lyrics feature for songs as I have great difficult in understanding the wording of the songs without the written lyrics. Now again the new interface that has been introduced on the new nano, iPod classic and iPod touch is not being provided as an update for the 5th generation video iPods which seems to be pretty unfair and I for one will protest this by not buying the new iPods that I crave till I see something being done about this.

No comments: