Friday, July 13, 2007

iPhone 2 weeks later.

Now that the initial hype and hoopla over the release of Apple iPhone is over. A couple of things have emerged.
Those who have already bought the iPhone seem to be pretty happy with the features provided.
The rest seem to be in two camps, those that want the iPhone to be unlocked so they can use it with any network of their choice or those like me who simply want to use the multimedia features of the iPhone.
The problem I see with the unlocked phone seems to be the amount of customization required by the network provider to support the features unique to the iPhone, I don't hear anyone who talks about the unlocked iPhone talk about whether they are willing to live without the features that only AT&T is capable of providing on the iPhone.
Where I am concerned, I would be content with a iPod only version of iPhone that provides me with the following features of the iPhone.
  • nice big and bright 3 inch screen to watch movies
  • ability to change display orientation while browsing my photo collection
  • listen to my music collection, though I would require at least 60GB to store it
  • play the limited amount of games currently available on the iPod using finger touch.
  • a wi-fi connection with Internet browsing capability would be a nice addition.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I would love the features of iPhone in a non-phone device as well...I really to carry something so nice with me everywhere like I do my regular phone - I drop that just way too often for comfort!